The Adobe ColdFusion team have released: ColdFusion 9.0.1 : Cumulative Hot fix 2. The this link http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/918/cpsid_91836.html. One of the items that caught my attention is the bug forx for OS X Lion.
Bug # 86992 ColdFusion multiserver instance does not start properly on Mac OS X Lion (10.7.x).
I downloaded the Hot Fix and started the whole process from scratch. I had already blown away my ColdFusion 9 from my MacBook Pro which has OS X Lion to I could try another version of ColdFusion.
- clean up my system
- Install ColdFusion 9.0 in multi server mode
- Test real quick - yes 9.0 is running (it always did)
- Install ColdFusion 9.0.1 in Multi-server mode
- Test real quick, no it won't even start (which is also normal)
- Install ColdFusion 9.0.1 Cumulative Hot fix 2
- Test real quick and yes it runs.
I've done a reboot a couple of times now and still no luck. But at least ColdFusion 9.0.1 Multi Server is running on OSX Lion.